With brother already back at school super early, Little Miss
and I had plenty of time to do some girl things before heading back in for
pre-planning. Since I am a teacher, she goes back to school when I do to set up my classroom, but her actual class does not start for a couple more weeks. Pre-planning is totally NOT her favorite, but more on that later…
We have a few back to school traditions for each child.
There’s Mr. Dude’s Waffle House breakfast, and for LM we revived a favorite
childhood tradition of my own!
Growing up, I went to a small private school and
there was only one place to buy uniforms back then (pre-online
shopping! Gasp). Since the uniform shop was in Buckhead, my mom would take me
and my sister to the Swan Coach House for a lovely lunch after we were
outfitted with all of our uniforms. It was a once-a-year treat and we LOVED it!
The Swan Coach House is an Atlanta institution, and the site of many a ladies’
coffee and bridesmaid’s luncheon—mine included. I can still remember ordering the frozen
fruit salad when I was a little girl, and feeling so grown-up and posh having
lunch there!
My mom and I took LM for her first visit to the Swan Coach
House, and naturally she relished having a “fancy lunch”! Of course, she pretty
much only ate the frozen fruit salad, but she was very taken by the lovely
table setting, the beautiful bathroom, and of course the shop. She found quite
a few things in the shop for herself, but she only left with a to-go box of
muffins this time J
Doing special one-on-one outings with each child is
something we don’t always have a lot of time to do, but they really love it so
much, I really do try to make it happen whenever we can.
What fun ideas have you done for a memorable time with each
kiddo?


No comments:
Post a Comment